Afternoon Triples – Rules
Revised Tuesday, March 24, 2015
1. The League shall be called the Swindon & District Men’s Afternoon Triples League.
2. That the Rules of the Swindon & District Bowling Association, shall generally apply to the Afternoon Triples Leagues
3. The Management Committee shall consist of a Chairman and Secretary, who shall be recommended at the Annual Meeting of the Afternoon League and ratified at the Association AGM.
4. An Annual Meeting shall be held at least four weeks before the Association A.G.M., to finalise the season’s activities and to discuss any propositions, which shall be properly proposed and seconded and received in writing by the Secretary.
These will be discussed and if accepted forwarded in writing to the Association League Secretary for ratifying at the Association A.G.M.
The Club Delegate and Team Leaders may attend from each Affiliated Club, with only the Club representative being able to vote on recommendations.
5. Teams to consist of two Triples. Players wishing to play in the Afternoon Leagues, shall be a member of the Affiliated Club, they wish to play for. No player shall play for more than one team in the League. A club can enter a maximum of four teams.
6. Monday Fixture dates shall initially be allocated by the League Secretary. By mutual agreement clubs can re-arrange these games and the League Secretary must be notified by 31st March of all changes.
No alterations will be allowed after this date, other than in exceptional circumstances, the League Secretary shall be notified either by email or phone as soon as this is known.
7. If a green is unavailable or unfit for play, the home team shall first ascertain whether their opponents green is available before re-arranging the fixture.
a) Where a game cannot be played on the scheduled fixture date, the League Secretary shall be notified within 7 days.
b) The League Secretary shall be notified of the revised date within 21 days of the original fixture date. Failure to do so
will result in the home team being deducted 6 points from their accumulated league totals.
c) If a match has to be abandoned, due to adverse weather conditions, making the green unfit for play, the following rules
i) If a total of 18 ends or more have been played the score shall be the result of the game.
ii) If less than 18 ends have been played, then each team shall receive 5 points, as for a draw and the total number of
shots they have scored during the game, <