CONSTITUTION AND RULES THE SWINDON & DISTRICT BOWLING ASSOCIATION
- The Association shall be called ‘The Swindon & District Bowling Association’.
- The objects of the Association shall be:
(a) To promote, foster and encourage level green games of bowls in the Swindon & District area.
(b) To adopt and enforce the laws of the game as laid down by Bowls England.
(c) To organise League Matches, Competitions and Representative matches.
(d) To interpret and arbitrate in all differences referred to the Association.
- (a) Association shall be open to all bona-fide Affiliated Clubs as approved by the Executive.
(b) Clubs applying for membership must forward with their application, a copy of their Rules, the number of their membership and names of their Club Officers and the situation of their green, which must not be more than 12 miles from Swindon Town Hall.
(c) The Executive shall have power to elect Honorary Members for special services rendered to the game, but such members, though entitled to attend the Annual General Meeting and Delegate meetings, shall have no right to vote, unless nominated to represent an Affiliated Club.
- The accounts of the Association shall be made up to the 31st October in each year and be audited by a Honorary Auditor to be elected at the Annual General Meeting, such elected member shall not be a member of the Executive. Each Affiliated Club shall pay an annual subscription, as determined at the Annual General Meeting, not later than the 1st April in each year. Cheques should be payable to ‘The Swindon & District Bowling Association’ .
- The affairs of the Association shall be conducted by the Executive consisting of :
(a) President or chairman, honorary secretary, honorary treasurer, honorary assistant secretary, honorary 4-rink secretary, honorary afternoon secretary, honorary Association match secretary and honorary competitio